A Smart Soi Guide To Pick A Best Hotel On Sukhumvit Road
Bangkok is a trending tourist destination and attracts a lot of travellers from around the world. The bustling city has a lot of tourist attractions that cater to all age groups. Bangkok attracts a lot of travellers for medical tourism purposes too.
Sukhumvit is the most favoured place to book stay in Bangkok. The lengthy road extends through the city and selecting the right Sukhumvit hotels located on the right Soi is important for a pleasant experience. Let us look at the attractions and highlights of different Soi on Sukhumvit road.
- Soi 1 to 6 – This is a busy area on Sukhumvit road. The area has a lot of Sukhumvit hotels and restaurants. The little Arabia is located in between Soi 3 and Soi 5. It is famous for its Middle Eastern eateries and Sheesha cafes. The most famous private hospital in Bangkok, the Bumrungrad hospital is located between Soi 1 and Soi 3. Visitors who want to stay close to the hospital or neat to the Middle Eastern Enclave must book their stay in this area.
- Soi 7 to Soi 11 – The area is a thriving hub of reputed bars in Bangkok. The area is also renowned for its Indian cuisine restaurants. Book your stay at the Sukhumvit hotels in this area if you want to taste Indian cuisine and experience the rocking nightlife of the city.
- Soi 13 to Soi 19 – This is a quiet residential area preferred by the expat community in Bangkok. The area does not have a nightlife but has high quality hotels and service apartments. The area also has some good restaurants of Bangkok.
- Soi 21 to Soi 29 – This is the red light district in Bangkok frequented by single tourists and locals. The area is developing slowly and houses the trendiest shopping destination in Thailand T21.
- Soi 31 to Soi 51 – The area is a quiet area and not famous for the tourists. The area has cheap hotels and a few good bars. The Rainhill shopping centre is the most famous landmark in the city and attracts a lot of hip and high society local crowd.
- Soi 53 to Soi 69 – The area has a number of chic pubs and nightspots, which attract the local Thai crowd. There are some good Sukhumvit hotels in this area that offer best value for money.